firstname.lastname@example.org +64 22 620 6369 lambda.xyz stackoverflow/617159 github/lfairy
BSc(Hons) in Mathematics at the University of Canterbury; 2014–2016.
- Graduated with First Class Honours.
- Thesis: “Computable analysis via fast converging Cauchy sequences” (pdf)
Software Engineer, 2017–present
- Updating the Hours of Service (HoS) logging app to comply with United States regulations.
Software Engineering Intern, 2015–2016
- Developed tools for profiling the style engine in Chrome (Blink).
University of Canterbury
Python Developer, 2014–2015
- Extended the online quiz system for the 200-level course “Formal Languages and Compilers”.
- Implemented a pushdown automaton simulator, with documentation and tests.
- Used by 145 students in 2015.
Google Summer of Code
- Worked on Hackage, the repository of software for the Haskell programming language.
- Added build reports to the interface, which indicated whether a package could be built on the server.
Most of this work can also be found on GitHub.
- An HTML template engine implemented as a Rust compiler plugin. Templates are written inline using Rust syntax, and type-checked and optimized with the rest of the program.
- Server that handles GitHub web hooks. Features authentication (via HMAC signatures) and simple configuration via shell scripts. Written in Python.
- Online directory of people interested in the Rust programming language. Features a bespoke full-text search engine and a mobile-first design.
- Guess the Number
- First Place in the New Zealand Programming Competition, 2012 and 2013.
- Reserve member of the New Zealand team, International Olympiad in Informatics, 2013.
- New Zealand Scholarship, 2013.
- Rust Design Patterns, Editor; 2016.
- University of Canterbury Music Club, Secretary; 2016.
- University of Canterbury Mathematics and Statistics Society, Secretary; 2015.