firstname.lastname@example.org +64 22 620 6369 lambda.xyz stackoverflow/617159 github/lambda-fairy
BSc(Hons) in Mathematics at the University of Canterbury; 2014–2016. (PDF).
Software Engineer, 2020–present
- Building for the Next Billion Users.
Software Engineer, 2017–2020
- Full-stack development using TypeScript, Node.js, C#, Postgres, and RabbitMQ.
- Rewrote the thread pool for our REST API, cutting memory usage in half.
- Pioneered the use of automated UI testing for our mobile apps.
Software Engineering Intern, 2015–2016
- Developed tools for profiling the style engine in Chrome (Blink).
University of Canterbury
Python Developer, 2014–2015
- Extended the online quiz system for the 200-level course “Formal Languages and Compilers”.
- Used by 145 students in 2015.
Google Summer of Code
- Worked on Hackage, the repository of software for the Haskell programming language.
- Added build reports to the interface, which indicated whether a package could be built on the server.
Most of this work can also be found on GitHub.
- HTML template engine implemented as a Rust procedural macro. Templates are written inline using Rust syntax, and type-checked and optimized with the rest of the program.
- An implementation of pattern guards for Rust. Used by the Clippy lint tool.
- Library for writing comparison functions in TypeScript, inspired by contravariant functors.
- Guess the Number
Publications & Talks
- New Zealand Olympiad in Informatics, Tutor; 2019.
- Rust Design Patterns, Editor; 2016.
- University of Canterbury Music Club, Secretary; 2016.
- University of Canterbury Mathematics and Statistics Society, Secretary; 2015.